Master program application platform for candidates from foreign countries
What can I apply for?
- On this web-based application platform, only candidates with foreign educational certificates can apply for admission to our Master‘s Course of Studies „Master Biology“.
- Candidates with german educational certificates have to use the Regular Application.
- All candidates can find further information about the application and selection procedure at the „How to apply“ page.
Deadlines for the application to the Master program for candidates from foreign countries needing a visa are…
- for the summer semester 2022: October 31, 2021
- for the winter semester 2022/23: April 30, 2022
For candidates already holding a visa and for candidates from the EU, the application deadlines are…
- for the summer semester 2022: January 15, 2022
- for the winter semester 2022/23: July 15, 2022
Please note that for the verification of foreign qualifications and certificates, the University of Kaiserslautern has to charge an assessment fee of 50 Euros. Some exceptions apply. For further information, please consult „Assessment fee“.
Application step by step
- Prepare your necessary documents as PDF-Files in advance (see the list given below)
- Register on our web-based application platform, fill out the form and upload your documents at your personal login page.
You don´t have to complete the application process in one step, you can log in and modify your application data repeatedly. When you are done, please press „Submit Application“.
- We will start to evaluate your application after the application deadline, if payment of the assessment fee is received until one week after this deadline, and will contact you in case we have further questions.
- We will inform you about the result of the application soon after the application deadline by e-mail.
Please don´t ask about the status of your application. You can find your application data and status on your personal login page.
You can find further information about the application and selection procedure at the „How to apply“ page .
Can I apply before I finish my degree?
Yes, this is possible! Please provide all documents you have available at the moment. However, to evaluate your application, current transcripts and degree certificates will be required. Provisional official documents issued by the university are often sufficient to grant admission. If your application will be successful, we will send you a confirmation that you have been admitted to the master program. This will allow you to apply for a visa. The final transcripts and degree certificates will have to be presented after the official enrollment.
What do I need to submit if I want to apply for the Master program?
To complete the application, please prepare the following documents as PDF-files (unless specified otherwise).
At the time of application, it is sufficient to submit electronic documents, i.e. no hardcopies need to be sent.
For enrollment, original documents have to be provided, which will be checked against the electronic documents.
The following electronic documents (PDF) are mandatory:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Degree certificate(s) (original language)
- Degree certificate(s) (certified translation)
- Transcript of records
- Description of subjects covered during your previous studies, e.g. syllabi
- Letter of motivation
(Please consider these guidelines for your Letter of Motivation.)
- 2 letters of recommendation from faculty staff of a university or research institute (PDF; can also be sent in paper form, if to be handled confidentially)
- English language qualification certificate (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL; see further details)
The following electronic documents (PDF) are not mandatory, but very useful and therefore recommended:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Further qualifications
When applying, German proficiency is not required. However, the University of Kaiserslautern requires a proof of German proficiency within the first year of studies. This can be obtained while you study by taking a German course on A1 level, or by providing a certificate from a Goethe Institute on A2 level. Suitable language courses are organized at the University of Kaiserslautern twice a year, which also provide information for newcomers and numerous opportunities for socializing.